Sunday, December 30, 2007

God Is Love?

God spoke this to my heart a couple months ago during a chat conversation with my friend Matthew. We both struggle to express love to those we care about around us. It's like a block inside the heart. So, I was looking up the famous passage in the Bible on love, and this is what I heard:

"1Co 13:4 Love has patience, is kind; love is not envious; love is not vain, is not puffed up;
1Co 13:5 does not behave indecently, does not pursue its own things, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil;
1Co 13:6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth.
1Co 13:7 Love quietly covers all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1Co 13:8 Love never fails.

It's a description of God's love, and what He's given us. A kind of love that we could never match, which is why it's not a description of what we should do, just of how He loves us! Make sense? Then, as we fully grasp that love, it begins to flow in us more and more, without us even realizing it, and without our efforts."

2 comments:

Mattityahu said...

Beautifully articulated, Beanie!

Today was a difficult day in the love department. My shy tendencies got the best of me and I hardly communicated with anyone in the Church. But thank God His love endures all things and keeps no record of wrongs!!! We're in a binding covenant of unconditional love from the Father through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I really wish you and your mom would post more often. You guys are very articulate and often have very wise things to say. Never be ashamed to speak whats on your mind, whether right or wrong. (I'm talking to myself as well)

Beanie said...

Thank you much, Matthew!

Ahhh...I understand that completely. I just posted another blog that has a lot to do with my fear of love (both giving and receiving). I think the real issue might be fear of intimacy and a negative self-image. Not sure, but Father's working on me! How awesome is it to know that His work is love and kindness, and not the pain and suffering we've been fed? I now feel I can trust Him with my heart, you know?

Thank you for your comment! So good to hear from you, and yes...I will try to post more. Thank you again, and again, my Grace Brother!